6.04.2006

This was last spring.

Wrapped about my finger
was not you so tightly,
but a wavy strand from your head.

As the sun would rise
and set aflame the aspen bent nodding upriver,
the Columbia began to dance
and beckon those that would call themselves surfers.

But here I would sit at this picnic table
in this gorge between St. Helens and Hood
thinking of you and your brown strands.

Woven throughout this blue fleece
I'd tug you out,
wrap you about my index
and then give you up to the wind

to also have you here.

1 comment:

Moolay said...

Have you ever had that feeling when you're thinking on somebody that they're just about to appear? Like somehow inexplicably they could be up around the bend, in a shadow, or about to saunter up to you out of nowhere. Just once, I want for that to happen. I bet it would be the best moment of my life.